Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Damage Tips
Whether it’s a burst pipe, a backed-up sewer line or flooding, water damage in your home or business is one of the most stressful things to go through. Water damage can not only cost a lot to repair but can also lead to further problems down the line if not property mitigated and dried out.
Things you can do to help before the professionals arrive.
- Remove affected items (contents).
- Remove standing water from the area, either with mop & bucket or shop vac.
- Get air movement along with dehumidification started by setting up fans and dehumidifier if available.
- If dealing with sewage take extra precautionary measures or rely on the professionals to deal with what we call “black water”.
If your home or business suffers a water loss and you need the experts to get your home or business back on track as fast as possible call on the experts at SERVPRO of Stevens Point, Wausau, NW Wisconsin Rapids & Marshfield at 715-544-4855.
We can take your situation and make it, “Like it never even happened.”
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (715) 370-7181
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.